Something Going on???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just curious if anybody else is having troubles with ScubaBoard? Mine has locked up my computer several times now and the last time I was still play with other sites on different tabs (while SB was frozen) I assume it is SB. Any other issues? Is it SB or just my wonderful piece of technology?

You're not the only one. One browser window frozen part way through the render (not even menus or buttons displayed) while others still work for a time, although the entire browser process had to be killed off in a couple of cases. It's been happening since late last week. I originally thought it might have been some conflict with a security software update (bad SB) until your posting came along. Alternatively, the various blockers have also suddenly started stopping some Google Ads-related stuff, too. All this only happens with ScubaBoard though, and not with other sites.

That is good to hear bleeb. I have only noticed having problems at work (not that I am on here when I am on the clock :wink:) but then, my home laptop is a functioning commercial for just how bad Vista can be so I write off any issues at home to that. Hopefully it can be resolved.

As a side bar to SUPPORT, I have to shut my browser down in a certain way for SB to retain the knowledge of what threads have been read and which have not. I am using two different computers in two different locations (one is XP and one is Vista) on two different networks and it happens on both. If I simply close my browser (or have it freeze) while logged into SB, when I get back into SB all threads show as unread even if I have previously read them. What can I do to stop this as well? It becomes an even bigger PITA when browsers freeze and need to be restared. Any help will be much appreciated.

Yes, I have had a number of lockups recently (past few days) forcing me to reboot my computer. I've also had weird sessions looking for "New Posts" where I'll go through a few of the pages of threads only to have it tell me there are no more threads in my search (when I'm on page 5 of 13 for example). I've also had it tell me I can't post twice within a certain time limit when I know I only hit the post button once.

Wow... it just froze up while I was typing this, but recovered within a minute.

I think that ScubaBoard should get money before the big three. Will $25 Billion be enough Pete?

Back
Top Bottom