Some tips for traveling with dive lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
You may travel far for scuba diving, with packing many delicate diving gears. To keep the dive lights safe during your travels, there are some tips.

* Pack dive lights on the top of your bags
Because the dive lights tend to be the lighter items among all gears. And you don’t want them to be crushed by heavy oxygen tanks, especially if your diving kit will be going in the hold of a plane, or in a pile of other divers’ luggage on a bouncy jeep ride. And don’t over-stuff bags that contain dive lights, which may also cause the dive lights to get damaged.

*Remove batteries from the dive lights before packing
It’s important to remove batteries from dive lights before packing them. This ensures that the batteries last longer and won’t leak during the trip.

* Remember to carry extra batteries
Take along with some extra batteries, whether your light uses disposable or rechargeable batteries. With them, you can use your dive lights longer without waiting around to recharge, or buy other disposable batteries locally.

*Pack dive lights until they are clean and dry
Salt water increases the chances of corrosion, and lingering debris could cause a dive light’s interior components to break down. It’s also essential to ensure that your dive lights are totally dry before packing them in the bag.

*Using the lock function of dive lights
Some dive lights are designed with the lock function, which prevents accidental switch-on, or battery power loss when you carry the light on the road dive. Use this lock function well, and keep power full on the lights when you are ready to dive.

I pack my lights in the carryon. All the batteries are rechargeable so they don't leak. I put the batteries in the lights to save space, and cover the terminal with a piece of paper so the light cannot be turned on.

i pack battery in the light an dont screw the cap on all the way..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom