some shots from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That nudibranch shot is absolutely breathtaking, well done!

Beautiful, what camera system are you using?
It looks like these pictures were taken with a Canon Rebel xTi with a 60mm macro lens and some sort of ultrawide zoom, maybe the Tokina 10-17.

(There's a user on Flickr with the same username as the scubaboard member and the same images, and Flickr reports some of the metadata. My guess about the Tokina 10-17 is based on seeing some images taken at a 13mm focal length, and knowing that the Tokina is one of the more popular lenses for UW use that can go to 13mm)

Last edited:
It looks like these pictures were taken with a Canon Rebel xTi with a 60mm macro lens and some sort of ultrawide zoom, maybe the Tokina 10-17.

(There's a user on Flickr with the same username as the scubaboard member and the same images, and Flickr reports some of the metadata. My guess about the Tokina 10-17 is based on seeing some images taken at a 13mm focal length, and knowing that the Tokina is one of the more popular lenses for UW use that can go to 13mm)

:eyebrow:

Good detective work!!

Yup, that's me on flickr. Many of the older photos were taken with my old Oly 5060 rig. I sure loved what that rig taught me. Now, it's helping someone else.

A few more

A really different type of basket star

W-Roatanbasketoddity11th.jpg

W-Raotanstarcloseup.jpg

Calvin's Crack (Calvin is NOT the name of the diver!!)

W-RoatanCalvinscrack412th.jpg

Yet another seahorse

W-RoatanseahorseB10th.jpg

DANG tiny!

W-Roatanwhipshrimp9th.jpg

Back
Top Bottom