Some problems, looking for solutions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

best thing you can do is get him to lay on the ground, get his calves vertical, arms out in front, and pick his knees up off the ground. This is how his body should feel always in the water. After he is able to do that, then and ONLY then can you start to tweak gear placement. He is changing the moment by dropping his knees bringing the center of gravity closer to his head, same with dropping his fins, until he actually has his legs in good position, moving tanks around is only going to make things worse by compensating for bad posture. The tanks can probably go down some, and should be as low as possible while still allowing for comfortable valve drills.

Last edited:
I bet that the diver moving the tanks down in the bands will put the tanks lower, thus making the regs that much further back from their head, no? The diver is currently smacking the isolator with their head....

I bet that the diver moving the tanks down in the bands will put the tanks lower, thus making the regs that much further back from their head, no? The diver is currently smacking the isolator with their head....
yes
move those tanks down and you should see a lot of these issues disappear.

Body mechanics lesson:

Stand up. No, actually get off your wallet and stand up and try this.

Pick your foot up off the ground, bending at the knee. Notice that your knees are no longer in line with each other. Now activate your butt muscles and make your knees even again. THATS the muscle you use you be flat when diving.

So drop them tanks and squeeze those glutes and you're going to be golden. High tanks is the #1 killer of trim, and that kneed thing is #1 killer of being flat.

If the tank bands are already at the crown, redistributing the weight lower can work as well. This comes in the form of a tail weight. I have one that accepts shot weight and played with it adding gram by painful gram until I could just stay still with out moving anything and in a relaxed position.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

We have two sets of LP72s . . . I absolutely cannot trim them out without a 7 pound half v-weight hung off the bottom bolt. No amount of tweaking tank position or harness worked. I spent several hours with Bob Sherwood, who is known as a guru of trim, and he finally looked at me and said, "You're right, you CAN'T trim those tanks out!"

Bands at the crown of the tanks my friend, :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom