Some nice folks.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wanted to share with all... that today I had the op to spend the day at Lake Travis (scuba park side) with Hemlon and shaggie. We met up at around 9:30am and visited a bit before our first dive. Really two fine folks these guys. Shaggie offered to be our tour guide and lead the dive (sounds good to me),,,,we kitted up and headed DOWN those stairs and off the 2nd. platform 3-4ft. into the water. The vis was from good to ok.....we dropped down to 83ffw for a 42min. dive with the water temp a balmy 78f.. We all commented about the lack of a thermo and an unusual amoumt of fish at depth. The walk back up the stairs after climbing that metal rung ladder out of the water was FUN---sure thing! Our second dip for the day was similar in nature as the first ... at 61ffw for a dive time of 50min with water again at 78f. The best part of the day for me was meeting up with these 2 fellow Swampers,,,they are both really friendly and eager to dive.....shaggie even treated us to a grilled lunch on the spot with hot dogs and home made shark-ka-bobs (very tasty)! I headed back home and Hemlon and shaggie were going to do another dive. If you Austin folks ever get a change to hook-up with either Hemlon or shaggie your in for a nice dive day. :)

Aw shucks, thanks for the compliments Tex. It really wasn't nothin'. It was really great meeting you also.

I have had the chance to dive with Shaggie and have met Hemlon. I agree with your comments. They are just some good old Texas types. They will treat you right. Now if I can ever keep up with Shaggie underwater I would probably lose a lot of weight.

:D

texdiveguy:
Just wanted to share with all... that today I had the op to spend the day at Lake Travis (scuba park side) with Hemlon and shaggie. We met up at around 9:30am and visited a bit before our first dive. Really two fine folks these guys. Shaggie offered to be our tour guide and lead the dive (sounds good to me),,,,we kitted up and headed DOWN those stairs and off the 2nd. platform 3-4ft. into the water. The vis was from good to ok.....we dropped down to 83ffw for a 42min. dive with the water temp a balmy 78f.. We all commented about the lack of a thermo and an unusual amoumt of fish at depth. The walk back up the stairs after climbing that metal rung ladder out of the water was FUN---sure thing! Our second dip for the day was similar in nature as the first ... at 61ffw for a dive time of 50min with water again at 78f. The best part of the day for me was meeting up with these 2 fellow Swampers,,,they are both really friendly and eager to dive.....shaggie even treated us to a grilled lunch on the spot with hot dogs and home made shark-ka-bobs (very tasty)! I headed back home and Hemlon and shaggie were going to do another dive. If you Austin folks ever get a change to hook-up with either Hemlon or shaggie your in for a nice dive day. :)

Good report of our day!

In the same vein, Texadiveguy is an awesome buddy. He definitely is THE person to know if air mixing is your game. And if you are looking to dive with someone who knows Windy Point like the back of his hand, Shaggie is your guy!

What Shaggie and Texdiveguy were saying: "The partial pressure of helium prevents it from being...."

What Hemlon was hearing: "Blah, blah, blah, helium, blah, blah..."

Texdiveguy and Shaggie should definitely be on your list if you're looking for buddies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom