Some news from Froggies in bunaken?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
I'll be there real soon... On Friday, I will be on Bunaken for a week.:D
I already went to Froggies 1.5 years ago and enjoyed it so much that I promised myself to go back... So here I am.
Of course it is going to be different without Christiane. But the dive sites are the same, and maybe more importantly the dive guides are the same. So it cannot be a complete disaster ;-)
In any case I'll write a report to post here (hopefully with some pictures, although I am still beginning to take UW pictures and my camera is not fully tamed yet....:dork2:

The following week, I am going to Pulisan resort, not far from Lembeh, with different types of dives. There are much less info on this resort, but it might be another good option for this part of Sulawesi. More news by the end of November...

Malene Malenalo
Hi Malene, we will do everything to avoid disasters here, I can assure you ;-))
See you tomorrow at Froggies. Our driver will be waiting for you. In the meanwhile we wish you a nice flight.
Benny

Hi Malene, we will do everything to avoid disasters here, I can assure you ;-))
See you tomorrow at Froggies. Our driver will be waiting for you. In the meanwhile we wish you a nice flight.
Benny

I am in Singapour now waiting for my flight to Manado...
Really really looking forward being at Froggies soon !

I am in Singapour now waiting for my flight to Manado...
Really really looking forward being at Froggies soon !

Two weeks later...
So no, it was not a disaster :wink:... It was a pleasure to be back in Bunaken AND at Froggies... it was actually great, different from what it was when Christiane was running things, but still very good. There are some differences of course, but what has not changed and was essential for me is that there is a very low ratio divers/guide (max 3 to 1, most of the time 2 to 1), the schedule is flexible. There is always one dive in the morning and one dive in the afternoon, but if you want to do an extra one early morning it is always possible (even if you are only one diver), same thing for sunset and night dive.

One of the drawback is that not all dive guides do what was a big asset when Christiane was there, that is a "debriefing" after the dives to go over the fish and critters encountered during the day. I was lucky that my dive guide was ready to do it, but not all the guides at Froggies were ready to spend the extra time at the end of the dives.

I'll write a full report (with some pictures) as soon as I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom