Some Floridian Turtle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fins:
Ruu,

Where did you dive this past weekend? I was in Palm Beach over the weekend and the dive boats weren't going out because of high seas so we ended up going down to Key Largo where we got the same story, ended up going diving at Jules Undersea Lodge.
Have always wanted to go there...how was it?

justleesa:
Have always wanted to go there...how was it?

The best way I can describe the site is to say it's like a salt water quarry. Water temp was about 74, visibility ranged from 10 - 15'. Max depth was about 26' There were a few things to look at, a sunken boat, some psuedo artifacts (cannon, anchor, some jars and pots), an atificial reef area where you could swim through a wall of bubbles. You could see into the underwater hotel room. I'll bet it would be kind of nice to go in there for a night or a few hours, but the price..WOW!!!

We also saw a couple small squid, some large angelfish and some very large parrotfish around the pilings. I did take my camera (first time out with it) but the pictures did not come out well.

There was nice area to setup your gear, showers etc, the guys in the shop were very friendly. Overall not a bad morning.

If you happen to visit there I would try to be the first one in the water as vis did decrease significantly as more people entered the water.

Your underwater place is called Jules Underwater Lodge.. cool concept, way pricey!

http://www.jul.com/overnight.html
Luxury Aquanaut Package
Enjoy underwater luxury from a 1:00pm check-in until an 11:00am check-out. Earn an Aquanaut certificate while enjoying unlimited diving for certified divers, a gourmet dinner prepared by our "mer-chef". Guests may spend multiple days underwater without surfacing. Aquanaut Certificate also qualifies certified divers for participation in an optional Underwater Habitat/Aquanaut dive specialty rating (See Dive Instruction for details).
* $395/person per night. (Groups of 4 to 6 -- $350/person)

European Style Package
Experience the thrill of life underwater from 5:00pm until 9:00 am, with unlimited diving for certified divers. Includes a light dinner and breakfast.
* $295/person per night. (Groups of 4 to 6 -- $250/person)

The Ultimate Romantic Getaway Package
Perfect for Honeymooners (or would-be honeymooners!), this package offers all of the amenities of the Aquanaut package, but with the guaranteed exclusive use of the world's only underwater hotel. Extras include mood music, fresh flowers, caviar appetizer, and mer-chef service for breakfast.
$1,195 per night, for two people in love

* 15% surcharge for single occupancy.

fins:
Ruu,

Where did you dive this past weekend? I was in Palm Beach over the weekend and the dive boats weren't going out because of high seas so we ended up going down to Key Largo where we got the same story, ended up going diving at Jules Undersea Lodge.

The pictures were from Molasses reef on Sunday at around 3pm - it was the first properly clear day for a while down there from what I hear.

Dave

Ruu:
The pictures were from Molasses reef on Sunday at around 3pm - it was the first properly clear day for a while down there from what I hear.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

and btw, great pics of the turtle

wow, those are really nice pics.

archman, a challenge: is that a hawksbill, a green, or a ridley turtle?

(my answer: hawskbill)

CBulla:
Nice Loggerhead pics!

i don't think so, Cbulla :wink:

but very close

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom