Some Belizean Flavah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just back from 9 days in Belize. What a great trip. I'll post a brief summary later this week. For now, here is a link to a mini-gallery of selected images from the trip.

Most of the topside was shot with my Nikon D70, all UW was shot with Jaye's little Sony P & S.

Enjoy!

Ken

quick question: when you took the Mayan temple photos, were you staying on the mainland, or did you arrange a day trip off Turneffe? I was considering Belize, but I found the prospect of being stuck on the island I'm staying on for the duration of my stay there rather unappealing. Thanks for your help.

Schweet!

Nice pics, we stayed at Lamanai a couple years back.

Get to flyfish for bonefish at all?

Chris

Mantasscareme:
quick question: when you took the Mayan temple photos, were you staying on the mainland, or did you arrange a day trip off Turneffe? I was considering Belize, but I found the prospect of being stuck on the island I'm staying on for the duration of my stay there rather unappealing. Thanks for your help.

We were at Turneffe from Sat to Sat, then we were scheduled to stay in Belize City from Sat noon to Tuesday. It was at this time we had arranged some land excursions. There are the usual suspects: Lamanai (river trip to the ruins and back down the river... way cool), the lava tube drift (innertubes on the river, drifting through the lava tubes with headlamps) the zoo, more runis, and all manner of other stuff.

But Belize City was being boarded up for Emily when we got there, so I cancelled most of our activities (all outdoors...) and we got out a day early. We did squeeze in the Lamanai tour - it was a full day affair on Sunday. We ended up leaving Monday AM.

Of course, Emily was as big of non-event in Belize as Y2K was here.

Oh well.

We stayed on the island the whole time. There is a day excursion you can arrange mid week, as a boat goes to BC on Wed. But we were diving our faces off, and we were perfectly happy on the island.

I'll tell you this: On the island, the accomodations were nicer, the grounds were nicer, the environment was nicer, the food was 1,000% better, the weather was better, the water was clearer, etc, etc, etc. Finding ourselves in Belize City in a hotel room, after a week on a beautiful private island in a beautiful private cabana - you could say we wanted to go back to the island for sure...

Chris - no flyfishing on this trip. There were about 22 of us on the island (after Wed, only 13 of us) and there was only 1 fisherman. The rest of us were divers or snorklers. The fisherman was a fine, fine fisherman. But he and his guide were very unlucky that week. I was very pleased to be diving.

I need to load Photoshop onto this PC so I can process some of the other pictures - do the color correction, etc. There are some really neat UW shots, but with Jaye's little Sony and its mighty 7" effective built-in flash range, everything is blue blue blue.

Except the night dive shots (like the toadfish) and the macros from the day dives (like the fire worm on the sponge and the world's luckiest shot of the eel - my full on arm-extended-into-his-hole hail Mary shot that came out just as you see it...)

---
Ken

nice pics, ken

good to "see" you and jaye again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom