Some BC photos from the last month... And why I love diving here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hate summer diving -- The poor vis, sealing myself up in a giant black airtight suit when the sun's beating down on me, the giant crowds of people asking if you're leaving your parking spot soon when you're walking up to your car loaded down with all your gear after your first dive... Everything just seems to much better in the winter. But all in all, I had a good month this past month with some great dives with great people. It always amazes me how much life there is to see here (Before moving to BC I was Jasper/Banff lake diver), and always puts a smile on my face. If you've got some photos of our local waters which you like, share them here for everyone to see!

Here are my favorites from the past little while... I've got more photos of varying quality up on the blog in my signature.

octo1.jpg
awesome.jpg
wolfeel2.jpg
hermit2.jpg
hermit3.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos!

So when are you leaving your parking spot?

I don't care if you are leaving... I just want to know if I can double park in your space!

Moose diving in Pavillion lake
robosock054.jpg

I also achieved a long awaited goal this last weekend of drift diving down the Penticton river channel. 2miles at 6-10ft depth. Yahoo!!!

Hate to contribute to the hijack, but I gotta jump in on this one: Is that the same place that people rent tubes and ride down? Could you see people's reaction as you went by?

Roger, Hello how have you been? I left a CD with pictures from the Whytcliff dives that Sue took at OQ with your name on it for you.

Tex

Yes. I started at the half way point because the upper half gets quite shallow towards the end of summer. The channel is 4 miles long in total. The reactions from tubers when I surfaced was... surprise! Underwater I could only see their feet. The funniest part was the reaction of the fish (Carp, minnows, sunfish, largescale suckers and some other fish I couldn't ID) They would see me coming, swim down stream and seemed really worried when I just kept on coming.

Roger, Hello how have you been? I left a CD with pictures from the Whytcliff dives that Sue took at OQ with your name on it for you.

Tex

Thanks Tex! I'll have to grab it next time I'm down that way. Things have been good, trying to get as much diving in as I can, just did an evening dive at Whytecliff today, where we saw a seal come up to investigate us briefly underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom