Solomon Islands Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeevz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, I'm heading to Munda in the Solomons in July/August. Will be there for about 6 weeks (to work/study/dive :wink:) and then I have a week where I can travel. Any advice on where to go? Was thinking Gizo at this stage but if anyone else has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Cheers.

Hi Jeevz,

I run the dive shop in Munda, so I guess we'll see you in July...!

If you're after a week of diving, as well as Gizo you might also think about Uepi (a little more expensive, but really nice diving), Peava (on Gatokae and a little harder to get to - only one flight a week), or hitting some of the wrecks around Tulagi and Honiara with Neil at Tulagi Dive.

Or you could just do another week here in Munda... It's quite nice diving! :D

Cheers,

Grae

keen to know where you ended up and what offered the best diving... i'm heading to the solomon's early next year and some tips would be most appreciated!

I would recommend Munda and and Jen and Grae who run the Dive shop. The Solomon dive staff are top notch and can spot pygmy seahorse, nudis and crystal shrip for you. The cave dive at Belo Belo is very special and something i will not forget for a long time - not every day your walk into a rain forest, plunge into a sink hole and swim out onto a wall at 18 mtrs. if you go to Munda i am sure you will love the diving and the above water scenery is fantastic.

Been trying to get hold of Neil at Tulagi dive, rumour has it the shops moved to Honiara, Do you have any contact info?

Been trying to get hold of Neil at Tulagi dive, rumour has it the shops moved to Honiara, Do you have any contact info?

Neil's operating from his house at White River. The old email address (neil@tulagidive.com) should still work, or you can call him on +677 7475043.

Of course, all that depends on anything actually working...

I'll go along with morayman the stand out dive was the cave :D , other good dives is the zero off the front of the resort, deepish but plane was in pristine condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom