solo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey jord welcome to Scubaboard:happywave: It seems to me there are a couple reasons a topic comes up often

(1) People genuinely want to know information about it
(2) People use it to generate... well we will call it discussion:)

The fact that you are a new diver and thinking about this clearly means there are other new divers thinking of the same thing. You got some reasonable responses here IMHO you have made a positive contribution to the archives of SB as there will be other new divers and members who will also learn from the discussion in this thread.

I guess my answer would be.. IMHO there is only one absolute in Scuba diving.... NEVER undertake a dive you are not adequately trained and equipped to do! You will find people here who will argue enthusiastically (some will even say TOO ENTHUSIASTICALLY) either side of any dive related topic but I would be shocked if you found anyone who would disagree with that point.

Keep learning, keep diving, keep asking questions and carefully weighing the answers that is how divers progress ::D

Back
Top Bottom