Solo dive trip to Moorehead City Labor Day Weekend (Discovery Diving Co.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've reserved several dives this coming labor day weekend with Discovery Diving Co. in Moorehead and I couldn't be more excited to get down there.

This will be my first try at east coast diving, having dove in warm/tropical locations so far (Honduras, Thailand, Costa Rica, etc.). I did my homework on what to expect in terms of colder water, independent diving culture, and great wrecks that can be seen, and I was compelled to set the trip up despite not having anyone else who could join me.

• Are there any other scubaboard-ers who might be in the Moorehead area/diving with Discovery Diving on any of August 30, 31 or Sept 1?
I'm driving down solo from D.C. because my roster of semi-experienced local dive buddies isn't too deep just yet, and despite no one being able to join me, I didn't want to miss my window of opportunity to give N.C. a first try.

• What tips does anyone have for a solo diver venturing into North Carolina and its wreck-filled waters for the first time?
There are certainly more threads I have to look through on this board, but if anyone has an experience about doing a similar individual dive-focused trip any thoughts or recommendations would be well appreciated!

Be sure to spell it "Morehead" City if you need to put it in a GPS or something ;-)

Haha I'm embarrassed at myself for that mistake, I will certainly make sure I am headed in the right direction :)

I've been wanting to plan a trip here for such a long time and I'm totally psyched that it's finally happening. I'm excited about the great weather report and how the weekend fits perfectly with a day to recover after my return trek back!

Necessary equipment is a SMB, cutting device, and line reel. Listen to the briefing and follow the line to the wreck and be sure to follow it back to the boat. Listen carefully to the Captain's briefing. Forecast aside, medicate and expect bouncy seas. Understand you will be miles away from shore and land based help. Other than that, it should be a fantastic time. NC diving when done safely can be some of the best diving in the world.

flipping awesome....

i went out on a friends boat today...
we went out to the cassimere... great dive.

i tweaked my back last week and it began acting up after the first dive, so i cancelled the second and tended the boat.

the weather could not have been better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom