Solmar V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smokin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm considering a trip on the Solmar V out of Cabo in August. They are not going to Soccorro, but rather tooling around the Sea of Cortez. Does anyone have any information on the boat, the trip, the vis, the dive sites, marine life (especially big animals), and any general tips or comments about the overall value.

Smokin:
I'm considering a trip on the Solmar V out of Cabo in August. They are not going to Soccorro, but rather tooling around the Sea of Cortez. Does anyone have any information on the boat, the trip, the vis, the dive sites, marine life (especially big animals), and any general tips or comments about the overall value.
ive not been on the solmar's cortez trip but have been on the boat several times to socorro. my impressions are its a nice boat that carries too many divers. they are very conservative in their diving(an ok sign once you make an entry). NO NITROX though i was told that may change. crew is great, cabins are tiny though each has its own head. likely as not it will be a great trip but the boat was not originaly for diving. have fun.

Back
Top Bottom