Closed SOLD - Steel LP72 - Current Hydro +, 3/21 VIS, Rebuilt Valve, Air - $95

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Vegas

Registered
Reaction score
Nice LP72 Steel Tank, super clean inside and out, current hydro 8/18, new 3/21 VIP, rebuilt valve, new burst disk, full of air, ready to dive.
I love this little guy but it does not get much use. I have too many tanks so it needs a new home where it can get more attention.
I can meet you between Miami and Ft Lauderdale if you are a local South Florida buyer. Can also ship but gets a little pricey.

Edit...

Sold.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 141
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 138
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 139
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 128
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 136
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 139
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 133
I have plenty of these for me and my boys but was happy to see another + stamp on an old '72!! It took me years to find a place that would do that! I now haul my tanks 3 hours (there's diving there so not a lost trip) to drop off my tanks for hydro. That's a nice clean looking Norris.

I have plenty of these for me and my boys but was happy to see another + stamp on an old '72!! It took me years to find a place that would do that! I now haul my tanks 3 hours (there's diving there so not a lost trip) to drop off my tanks for hydro. That's a nice clean looking Norris.
They would have to have been in business a long time to still have the paper manuals for Norris scuba tanks. That one was done by Hedrick fire protection in Chino CA.

They would have to have been in business a long time to still have the paper manuals for Norris scuba tanks. That one was done by Hedrick fire protection in Chino CA.
There are other threads on here on how to use a set of tanks to work out a REE for even these older tanks. So with some sample tanks the values can be worked out and then used ongoing. I'm assuming though that these hydro places just have the info somewhere. The PST document is still found online, Norris values are close (I have it stored somewhere along with the older links on scubaboard that talk about how to do the calculations). Most hydro places don't want to spend the time to deal with all this. I can't imagine there's a lot of profit margin in most hydro's and plenty of current tanks that have REE stamped on them. But I like my old steel's so keep looking for hydro places that will do the work.

There are other threads on here on how to use a set of tanks to work out a REE for even these older tanks. So with some sample tanks the values can be worked out and then used ongoing. I'm assuming though that these hydro places just have the info somewhere. The PST document is still found online, Norris values are close (I have it stored somewhere along with the older links on scubaboard that talk about how to do the calculations). Most hydro places don't want to spend the time to deal with all this. I can't imagine there's a lot of profit margin in most hydro's and plenty of current tanks that have REE stamped on them. But I like my old steel's so keep looking for hydro places that will do the work.
If you are a hydrotester, you can do the math and calculate the REE for a given tank. You can then use that information to stamp a plus during the hydro.
No tester is going to risk their RIN to take your word just so you can stamp an old tank.
The PST document is null and void as there is a misprint on the steel 72 line. Again, why would you risk a license and your income for an old tank.
The Norris numbers, while similar, can't be used for PST tank.

There are many scuba shops that do hydrotesting that still have the old paperwork on file. That is all they need. If there was ever for some stupid reason an audit, they have all their ducks in a row.

It’s not my word. It’s a documented process to determine a ree. I don’t have the process but it was discussed elsewhere on this board. I’m also not a hydro tester, just happy some still do the work to plus my tanks. And I didn’t say they could use the Norris numbers, just that they are similar. Please don’t misquote what I said.

Back
Top Bottom