sola light clone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about a cheap chi-com regulator too? Maybe some knock-off dive computers to go with them?

Solas are expensive because they are quality and come with a company guarantee.

I held a clone at DEMA this last year.

I wouldn't waste my money. Buy the real thing, the difference in quality and customer service is worth double what you save if not more.

majority of the stock are made in china.... if you mentality is product there is bad.... pass your turn... i asked a question.....

---------- Post added September 29th, 2014 at 06:42 PM ----------

I held a clone at DEMA this last year.

I wouldn't waste my money. Buy the real thing, the difference in quality and customer service is worth double what you save if not more.

what was the brand?

It's not a clone, but L&M made one for TUSA, the TL-1000 which is most like an intermediary between the Sola 1200 and Sola 800. New they are slightly cheaper, but LP frequently sells their Demo units for around $375 and new they are slightly more prone to going on sale than the L&M branded lights. Still expensive for what it is, but I've enjoyed mine. I've had it for 2 years and get on average 60 min on high for Spot or Flood mode without any issues.
There is always buying used on the board, I think they typically go for around 50% retail.

Depending how many lumens you need the L&M Gobe's look like a reasonably priced alternative to the more expensive Sola for photo/video and have interchangeable heads

The Sola lights are now getting some competition. Have a look at the Big Blue VTL2500P. This light costs about $400 and has the coverage of two Sola lights, comes with ball adapter, wrist sock and includes a red light.

Like the Sola 1200 dive light, the VTL also has a 10 degree spot light. The main advantage of the Sola is that it is smaller and lighter, but for video most are recommending two Solas because of the 60 degree coverage to avoid vignetting, and in this case the advantage is lost, and the the Solas with mounting hardware cost over $1200 while the VTL is $400.

---------- Post added October 3rd, 2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom