Question SOLA 800 S/F Dive Light help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Trilobite

Trilobite

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought one of these lights. (See HERE for description). Documentation/instructions seem pretty poor for an expensive light. A few somewhat urgent questions as I'm going to be leaving in a few days on a trip and hoping to take it along.

1. In charging it for the first time I noticed a faint odor of burnt plastic emanating from the light, and the charger getting somewhat warm. This seems ominous. Anyone else had this experience and/or can offer reassurances that the light isn't defective?

2. When I plug the charger in and attach the light, a red light glows on the charger. Does that indicate something is wrong or just that the light is charging?

3. The instructions show a series of 3 light patterns for the indicator lights on the handle that show battery status (i.e. fully charged, etc.), but they offer no clue as to when or how to get these to appear. I see the 3 lights change to indicate charging status, and light level, but not battery status. Any help?

4. I thought the lights in this series had a red light mode, but I don't see anything mentioned about that in the directions. Is it only the more expensive lights in the series that have it?

Jim

IMO : ljeah ;-( ( B*****l S****t )

4. I thought the lights in this series had a red light mode, but I don't see anything mentioned about that in the directions. Is it only the more expensive lights in the series that have it?

wise man in you speaks ;-)

Thanks for responding. I've decided to return it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom