Sola 1200 light not working right.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

did you try the charging pin tapping as instructed for a hibernating circuit?
I did. Several times. Question though, if it was in hibernating mode, why would ONLY the low intensity spot work and nothing at any of the other settings. ALSO, it shows as fully charged. When I engage the switch, the green light indicate it should be going through the different setting...just the lights don't come on

does the front led plate look pushed up against the glass? wonder if it got jostled and the connector is loose. the fix there would be to carefully unscrew the front glass cover and redo the connector. and not get any dirt/lint on the oring when you put it back together.

Thanks runsongas. Check that and it still only works on low spot and no visible damage...wouldn't expect any from a 3 week old light .

At this stage I’d be sending it back. The quicker you send it back, the quicker they send you a new one :)

I am going to take it by my local shop tomorrow and have them look at it. I purchased it off Amazon but it is only 3 weeks old
Amazon is super good with returns. Just return it for a refund and get another from them. You could probably have the new one in a week or less. Usually amazon will pay for return shipping if something is defective. If you choose to use a locker, you usually get your refund when the amazon guy picks the item up from the locker.

Sounds like bad battery to me, can't source enough current for the other modes. My Sola's head unscrews and the battery can be removed and inspected. I love my 2500 s/f but after getting my gf a bigblue I won't be buying anything but bigblue in the future.

I did hear back from them today and they are going to replace the light. I guess I just need to be patient during the times we are in.

I did hear back from them today and they are going to replace the light. I guess I just need to be patient during the times we are in.

I purchased a Sola 2500 back in April and now have exactly the same symptoms you described after only one dive. After some back and forth with L&M, they also agreed to replace the entire unit for free (minus the glove, charger and other little stuff). This is the first Light and Motion product I've ever bought so I don't know what customer service is like in normal times... but my experience wasn't great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom