Sogod...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning on going to Sogod in Feb, around Chineses New Year.
How is the diving there then, still in the season for whale shark? What about the water temp.?

Cheers.

looking at my PC log from a Sogod trip around Dec 06 the coldest I recorded was 26c. more around 27-28. Was pretty comfortable in a thin 3/2 full suit.

As for the diving, I would expect it to be pretty good :wink:

Hi

Went to stay at Sogod Bay Scuba Resort in March 2007 and the diving was fab and so were the whalesharks............should see them up till the end of April according to Ron and Phil who run the trips from SBSR. One of the guys on the boat, also a PPD poster, took a vid of a manta while we were snorkelling with the spotties! We had a great time there and we shall return! ( In July - can't wait!) You will have a fab time I'm sure:14:

Jeff + Susi

Hi to Pak as well - how you all doin'? Pics and vids look great mate!

thanks Jeff. How's it going in your part of the world... ooh, so where are you folks going this time in July?

Now that I've forced to change my diving plans because of unforseeable circumstances.
May I ask when does the whale shark season end? Or shall I just plan to go in Feb 09'?

Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping they may still be around in the beginning of April. They hadnt yet showed up in any numbers when I was there last Dec - maybe the 2 storms - Mina and Lando, had kept them away.
If not, no great shakes - I'm going there primarily for the diving - which you wont be disappointed with!

Phil

Thanks Phil.
I think I will just keep this in my to-do list for 09' as I want to hit both ~ whale shark + diving ~ in one trip. haha

Chocolate

They should still be around in April - we left SBSR on the 11th last year and they were still there - just email Ron or Phil at SBSR - they'll let you know! We saw 7 or 8 I think on the trip we did :11: Of course some of them may have been the same ones.........but not bad for one boat trip eh? Lots of divers have never even seen ONE even! I know that Phil told me that they had had a 100% "hit rate" for the 2007 season.........WOW!

Pak

We've booked the flights and we are going to be in the PI's for the whole month of July:D

We're not sure which way round we are going to do it, but we are going to go back to Sogod and Alona and then onto Cabilao and we would also like to try to get to either Dumaguete/Dauin and maybe if we have the $'s we will try and have a few days in Palawan - not really researched it yet, but looks like a place that would be great to go to! There's also Apo Island - thats' the only trouble with the PI's - too much choice:wink:

Jeff

looks like a great plan Jeff. Just got back from Donsol and Anilao. I really need to get back out to the Visayas... :D

Hi Pak

If you're there in July then we'll get a beer in for you! :D We'll let you know nearer the time where we'll be exactly..........we've got the tickets and made a provisional booking with Phil and Ron @ SBSR as we're not 100% sure of our itinerary ( Don't suppose I've spelt that right!) How was Anilao and Donsol? Great I hope!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom