Software to add metadata to caption via batch edit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm redoing this post to frame the question as broadly as possible. I've got a lot of photos that a friend took recently, and I'd like to make a photo CD/DVD that she can easily use to view the pics with EXIF data included so she can relate exposure settings with results as she views the pics. She knows even less about photography than I do and I thought this would be a good way for both of us to learn something.

For convenience, I had thought a slideshow CD would be a good way - nice standalone package. I've got Photoshop CS, Elements 7, and probably several of the simple programs I never used that have come with P&S digital cameras over the years, but haven't checked out their slideshow capabilities. I've only ever done a slideshow CD with Picasa, and I don't think it can show EXIF data. Last time I did it on a smale scale by adding some of the exposure data to the captions, but that was a pain, and I haven't found a way to do that in batch fashion. (I gather Lightroom may, but I don't see buying it just for this task)

I suppose she could use external viewer software that can show EXIF with the image, and access them off of a simple pic disk, I just liked the idea of the slideshow CD.

Anyone know how to make a slideshow disk that would do this?

Last edited:
I found a recommendation for DVD Slideshow GUI freeware. I may try that after looking a bit more at CS and PSE7.

Going back to the captioning option, I gather it's possible to somehow work with the metadata to edit the secret place where captions are stored, in batch fashion with some sort of EXIF utility? If anyone could point me in the right direction there, that could work.

I guess I've also learned that I'd need software that will do this for ORF and CRW files, apparently those options are more limited.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom