soften dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can cut it down a bit, use seal saver or in time it will stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my seal of my new dry suit is tight is there a way to soften the seal?

It depends on the material.

Latex can be stretched over a bottle and may loosen a little.

Silicone won't change and either will the mutant rubber used on Mobby's.

Pretty much all will require trimming if they're too tight.

I recommend having your dealer trim the seals (he should have done it as part of the sale), since you only get one chance and the first time you do it, it's going to look like you trimmed it with a rabid rat.

If your seals are wetsuit-type material, I had to order mine by size and don't believe they're trimmable, although could be wrong on that.

flots.

i have a hollis fx100, so it's latex.

latex_stretch.jpg

i don't used seal saver

Latex seals won't relax very much, even with passive stretching as you are doing. They generally require trimming if they are truly too tight, but you do not want to trim them to truly comfortable, because they will relax and become looser with time, and if you cut too much off, the seal will leak much earlier.

neck it's alreay trimmed
for the wrist seal, don't know if a trim can help because it's a kind of cylinder

will try to remove everything soon and if that helper... otherwise, i can try seal saver

---------- Post added December 23rd, 2014 at 02:53 PM ----------

i read then some people put wrist seam with an object inside them in hot water..... don't know if it need to boil?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom