Socorro on the Quino el Guardian: anyone dive with them before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xrcjdx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking of getting my big fish fix and started researching Socorro. Have no interest in the mega boats and the best I could come up with is the quino el guardian, which dives 16, housed in quad cabins. That's more than I prefer but that seems to be the best option.
Boat looks good, and their own description reads well. Anyone have any experience with them they'd be willing to share?
Thanks in advance!

more than you prefer on the boat, or per cabin? (Not sure what is meant by a mega boat.)

On the boat. 16 divers is the most intimate I've been able to find on this route.

I have not been on this particular boat but I have been on 3 trips on their other boat, the Rocio Del Mar. I can tell you that they run a first class operation and the crew has always been top notch. I suspect it would be the same on the Quino. I doubt you will find a boat that holds less.

I would encourage you to look for a November trip if possible. More and more boats are going to the Socorro Islands so it can get crowded at dive sites. But most other operations start there in December so if you can get in on a November trip, the water will be warm and the sites much less crowded.

Rocio Del Mar and Quino el Guardian are quality operations. One of my dive partners is close friends with the family that runs the boats. She's been out with them multiple times since they built and began running Rocio Del Mar.

-AZTinman

Back
Top Bottom