Socorro liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MitchB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have any suggestions on liveaboards for Socorro? I am looking at the Nautilus Belle Amie sailing out of San Jose January, 2 2018. Im solo diver and like the fact that this boat has individual suites available with great rates that date. I've don'e Guadalupe on the Solar V and it was a great experience and they give a 10% discount to divers who dive with them again but with the savings the price is still about the same as the Belle Amie and the Belle has a larger stateroom with separate bath and toilet.

If anyone has any other suggestions as to dates or different liveaboards I'd appreciate hearing from you. ESPECIALLY with regard to experiences on the Belle.

I have been on the Rocio Del Mar to the Socorros. Great boat, crew, and destination. I have them chartered again for the Sea of Cortez this August and again in September. Have chartered them for the Socorros in 2019. I have heard good things about the Belle Amie but can tell you firsthand that the RDM is great.

Thanks! I spoke with Rocio and they have availability in April for $3600 shared state and that looks interesting. I'm debating whether to do the Quino Sea of Cortez dive for 8 days in August. They have a great rate of $1800 for 8 days ($300 off) and that looks fun and casual. The person I spoke with dove Nautilus Belle and said it was awesome but lots of divers (like 32 or something) and that may be a bot too many to have to deal with. I need FUN!

Consider the Valentina-Fun Azul fleet. 18 passengers,minimal single supplement, as I remember.

I have friends that have been on the Belle Amie and loved it. I am planning to go with them in early 2019.

When in August? We will be on the Rocio August 12th - 19th.

Quino El Guardian has space all the end of August for $1800. Rocio has space 8/26 ($2495) so it'd be just after you return. I might just head to Caymans in August (risky for weather) and do day dives for four days but not sure. Either that or something else. Next month I'm headed to Atlantic Beach to hopefully dive the U boat and some other shipwrecks. Trying to do a four or five day dive trip a month with one long live aboard in between. 2019 I'll hopefully do the Galapagos. Hate to do too many long dive trips and feel guilty about leaving the pups at home. Now, if it was my ex I'd be gone half the year with no guilt. :p

I have friends that have been on the Belle Amie and loved it. I am planning to go with them in early 2019.

Do you think 34 or 36 divers is too much? I'm traveling solo and would like to meet up with some fun folks. Boat does look luxurious though. Only real diff between them and the others is the size of the boat and the fact that they charge booze. Rocio doesn't charge tax, Belle Amie charges a minimal 5% and Solar V charges around 16%. SO many options!

Nobody I have spoken with shared any concerns over the # of people or being too crowded. That being said, they may not have been on full boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom