Socorro Liveaboard Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Toying around with the idea of booking a trip to either the Cocos or Socorro next year. I've looked into the Nautilus yachts for Socorro and they look very nice. The only mild turn off is the number of divers that they carry, other than that it looks outstanding. Anyone have any suggestions for other operators in Socorro that have relatively nice facilities but smaller groups?

Oh yes, the Belle Amie... say hello to Captian Waterboy for me!!!

Enjoyed our trip on the Somar V. Nice boat, good guides and pretty good food. Nothing fancy, but we really enjoyed ourselves. Many folks post about the Rocio Del Mar. Sounds good as well.

Solmar has a new boat and i assume its going to socorro. Looks very nice and they talked about longer trips than the normal 6 to 7 day. Plus they have the most experience of any operator. Link added below

We were on the Rocio del Mar in March, booked through Bluewater Travel. It was a photo workshop but we were just along for the diving. Great crew....well organized boarding and debarking from the pangas (it's usually rough). Divemasters knew their stuff but would let you dive your computer once they could see you were competent. Food was great....three full meals plus a continental breakfast and afternoon snack. Accommodation was fine, small but no different from other liveaboards. 20 divers and 10 crew.....we were in three dive groups with one DM each. I'd definitely dive with them again.

One of Rocios capitains is Rey (last time I checked) and before he joined Rocio was head divemaster on the solmar for MANY years. So if he is along you are in good hands.

Another vote for the Nautilus LOB. We did the Explorer - another of the very few trips I could/would do again - Palau, Philippines, Cozumel, and Roatan being the others

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom