Socorro islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you advise me on the different liveaboards for the Socorro islands and which you like? Thank you.

I did the Socorros 12/2008 on Nautilus Explorer, an excellent boat and great diving/crew...can't go wrong with that choice. Solmar V is it's main established competitor, I've never been on that boat, but it seems to have a good reputation too.

That's a great tag line. It describes every live aboard dive boat on the planet.
Not all. I worked on one that wasn't. Specifically the newly renamed Aggressor franchisee, Baja Aggressor.

Agressor is a franchise that has contracts with boat owners to operate & manage the daily operations. Agressor books & pays owner to run trips while owner agrees to certain standards. I only know about that one vessel.

OTOH, the Rocio del Mar was designed and built from the keel up by divers with extensive local dive experience & traveling to other liveaboards. This boat is not a retrofitted rebuild attempt to accommodate divers. Unlike Agressor, one of the owners is on every trip and accompanies you on every dive.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have been on the Rocio Del Mar now 3 times. Every time it just gets better and better. The diving is effortless as they have 2 chase zodiacs that follow you as you dive and are ready to pick you up after you surface. The ship will be the largest of all of the ships currently going to the Socorros. I have been on their Midriff trips and taken students with me each time. My students were in awe and have commented on other liveaboards that they have gone on after our trip and that they do not compare. Large cabins, private bathrooms and the food has been excellent. I also read the undercurrent info about the ship and agree with their assessment as well. I had my first whale shark experience on the ship. Not bad when your first dive is with 18 whale sharks.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Thank you so much for the compliments. We try hard to meet and exceed everyone's expectations. I pay the local whale shark union extra to get them to appear upon request. :D:wink:
Mark, we truly enjoy having you and your groups aboard the Rocio del Mar and look forward to your next trip with us.

Back
Top Bottom