Socorro Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its the only liveaboard I've done but I'm booked again this jan27th on the nautilus to socorro. Went last January and was blown away. The Nautilus is fantastic. The crew couldn't have been better. Great divemasters, stewards waiting with hot drinks when you come out of the water, .... The dorm is two bunkbeds, one on each side, but they only put one person in each so its not crowded, plenty of space for your gear, one shared bathroom between 2. Some crew foot traffic in the dorm area, but saves around $500. I'm doing the dorm again. Boat is very spacious and comfortable. Saw lots of mantas up close, silkys, whitetips, silvertips, 2 tigers, tuna, ......... Oh, hammerheads and tons of other fish, lobster, octopus, .... Amazing trip, great boat.

It's Socorro Island - singular. Socorro is one of four islands that make up the Revillagigedo Islands (pronounced ree-vee-ya-he-hay-do - it's a mouthful) -Enjoy the diving

Not to be a stickler, but they are Islas Revillagigedos, but more people will know what you are talking about if you use the incorrect terminology. :)

The Spanish name is Islas de Revillagigedo....I wonder what that translates to in English????:duck:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom