Socorro aggressor March 26-April 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrBigfins

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I just snagged an unexpected spot on my first liveaboard to Socorro on March 26- April 3. Normally our family vacations are land based dive vacations that offer my wife (a previous non diver who is just recently certified) options for an enjoyable vacation and my 16 y/o son the option to dive and also enjoy some down time while I dive constantly. I will be making this trip solo, so I won't have to feel guilty about balancing diving with topside family time. So excited as this is one of my top 10 bucket list locations and due to a good deal I will be able to experience it sooner than I expected.

I'm looking for some advice on must pack items for liveaboards, advice for clothing for Socorro during this time of year, any other advice for a liveaboard newbie. Any must have dive gear you recommend ( have plb, naitulis, pony, boots, smb, reel and all typical dive gear) Also looking for any must see or do activities in Cabo San Lucas as I will be arriving 2 days early (got first class cheaper 2 days early than I could get economy the day before charter leaves) Thank you in advance for all your useful advice.

Congrats and have fun! What vessel will you be on?
I only have one liveaboard experience on the Turks & Caicos aggressor, and I wish I would have packed less clothes.... But will let other more experienced people respond for this locale.
Definitely bring a book or some other type of entertainment for the evenings/downtime. I believe you have a full day sea travel each way, so you will need something!
I also got great use out of a little dry bag for miscellaneous thisngs being carried around, it freed up my hands.
Also 3-4-5 bathing suits is best bet so you always have a dry one.

Looking forward to your report afterwards.....

When in Cabo for the first time; It's got to be Cabo Wabo!! Enjoy the tequila and dancing!!! You will never forget Socorro. A true bucket list trip. I'm there next February on Aggressor.

When in Cabo for the first time; It's got to be Cabo Wabo!! Enjoy the tequila and dancing!!! You will never forget Socorro. A true bucket list trip. I'm there next February on Aggressor.
Planned to visit Cabo Wabo. Guess I'm spoiled by the food options in Cozumel, was looking more for hole in the wall food places or less touristy options for good food while there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom