Socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Noob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My drysuit has built-in neoprene socks, and I wear DUI rock boots on the outside. I find that my feet get cold in longer dives. Is it possible to wear neoprene socks under the built-in socks to stay warmer? Are there better ideas?

I find that my feet get cold in longer dives. Is it possible to wear neoprene socks under the built-in socks to stay warmer? Are there better ideas?
I am not sure I would try neoprene socks under / inside of the attached neoprene socks. But, I certaily would wear socks that provide additional warmth. Even some thin nylon siocks add some benefit. I often wear non-cotton ski socks for warmth.

It is possible and a number of dry suit manufactures offer a neoprene sock. I found that using a neoprene sock made my feet colder when they started to sweat during working dives. I just use a heavy ski sock with wicking properties.

Go to REI or your local ski shop. Get some nice warm wool (or equivalent) ski socks. You'll be nice and toasty.

I have no idea why Whites thinks the Mk2 is for 50F. When I dove a Fusion in 50F with the MK2 I was just as cold as in my 7mm. I wear two pairs of woolen socks, one thin and one matted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom