socks for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

what's your choice of socks for 35F/2C water? I have 4th element arctic with flex soles and it feels a bit cold :)

Regards, Alexey

these:

Santi Thinsulate Sock | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I went from "oh my god this is killing my feet!!!!" to "was that cold???".

My diving is the Great Lakes, with trips to the balmy waters of Tobermory in Georgian Bay being where they are most appreciated.

If ice diving, I'd wear them over a pair of Acorn fleece socks (found in outdoor stores that sell technical outdoor gear), or the $8.00 MK-2 socks on the bottom of the link I included.

I won't complain that I was cold during the dive, I was not cosy warm 100%

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 02:54 PM ----------

I was thinking about santi socks. Does anyone know how do they perform comparing to MK2 / MK3 socks?

You might consider a heated vest, or even just better core insulation.

When your core temperature drops a bit, your body reduces circulation to extremities in order to protect the core. If this is happening, adding insulation to your feet isn't going to be all that effective.

I use really thick wool mountaineering socks, mainly to fill up the attached boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom