So ..Where have you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozume
Exumas
Roatan
Grand Cayman

Headed for Little Cayman and Brac in July.

The list is short but it is oh so much fun!

Last edited:
Another one with a short list...

Cancun
Tulum (cenotes)
Cozumel
Curacao (Heading to Bonaire this fall...)
Oahu

Just knocked off a milestone..all diveable countries in SE Asia (Did consider a drift dive down the Nam Song River but nahh)
Indonesia - Sumatra, Sulawesi, Alor, Flores, Komodo, Bali, West Papua,
Timor
Malaysia
Thailand
Vietnam
Cambodia
Phillipines

Papua New Guinea

French Polynesia

New Zealand

Australia.

Still got a long way to go :)

Doc,

I did not catch that on the FAQ... plus it was too tempting not to reply to lol

This summer will be more of Bimini and a trip on a live-a-board to the Dry Tortugas (off Key West, FL)

Michigan: Lake Superior, Lake Erie, other lakes

Maine: Somewhere

Ohio: Quarries

Florida: Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, Big Pine, Key West, Crystal River

North Carolina: U-352

Costa Rica

Mexico: Cozumel, Isla Mujeres

Galapagos, Ecuador

Bahamas: Bimini, Nassau

Truk Lagoon

Bonaire, Curacao (sp?)

Australia: Coral Sea, etc.

Turks and Caicos

Gran Roque

Dominica

Caymans: Grand, Little, Brac

Belize: Lighthouse Reef

Probably more.

I am headed to St. Thomas. Staying by Magen's Bay area. Can anyone give me suggestions of a good dive shop to search out? Any suggestions of what to see and do is much appreciated!!!

Fairly short list:

Lake Texoma, TX
Lake Murray, OK
Possum Kingdom Lake, TX
Squaw Creek Lake, TX

Pennekamp State Park, FL
Cozumel, Mexico
Kelp beds off San Diego, CA
Blue Springs, FL
Crystal River, FL
Tampa Bay, FL
Long Island Sound off Groton, CT

DFB

I am headed to St. Thomas. Staying by Magen's Bay area. Can anyone give me suggestions of a good dive shop to search out? Any suggestions of what to see and do is much appreciated!!!

I'd suggest Admiralty. Not close to Megan's Bay, but they'll pick you up.

Just knocked off a milestone..all diveable countries in SE Asia (Did consider a drift dive down the Nam Song River but nahh)
Indonesia - Sumatra, Sulawesi, Alor, Flores, Komodo, Bali, West Papua,
Timor
Malaysia
Thailand
Vietnam
Cambodia
Phillipines

Papua New Guinea

French Polynesia

New Zealand

Australia.

Still got a long way to go :)

Be interested on your views on best spots in SE Asia based upon your experiences...

Hmm...different places for different reasons. I did like the Philippines macro life, great current drifts, underwater canyons and all round underwater reef health at Sabang PG. That however is the only point of reference I have of Phillipines. I liked Richeleiu Rock, Burma Banks and Merguii Archipeligo in Thailand/Burma for big stuff, pilot whales, whale sharks and a variety of good sized sharks and mantas. I LOVE north Sulawesi - lembeh for macro, Bangka for Sauhong Pinacles and general isolated feel and Bunaken for easy walls in one easy trip. I dived RA, Komodo, Flores, West Papua and Timor and the spice islands while sailing through the area some years ago and was absolutely beautiful and very remote although all I had to go off was the recommendation of other divers, locals and seafarers in ports we pulled into so I probably missed the must do sites that liveaboards go to. I also like Lembongan/Nusa Penida although it would be a good 6 or 7 years since I dived there also. I LOVED Alor for its remoteness and big currents and general reef health although I believe there is a bit of dynamite fishing going on. Sipidan was impressive, good biodiversity and nice schooling pelagics, Perhentians were nice topside and remote although i would put the diving on the same level as Pulau Weh/Banda Aceh - showing signs of overfishing and probably dynamite fishing.
Seems its getting harder and harder to see big pelagics in SEA now. We did see some good sized grouper and a few schools of Giant Trevallys (although nowhere near as big as FP or PNG) and the odd bara in Phillipines, so Id like to give the place another go and explore Apo.

Short list:

Cozumel
Roatan
Bali
Caymans (Grand and Little)

Don't have a trip planned currently. I need to get on that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom