So what is the difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Intrepid:
Andrew was partners in a dive shop in Seattle called 5th-D. Our own Grateful Diver worked there, and AFAIK still does.
No ... left there about six months ago ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Doc: Thanks for your comments.

I've been paying a bit more attention to these type of things lately as I will be taking DIR-F in March. Personally, I'm looking to improve my diving first and foremost and at this point do not know how my diving & configuration will change post course. Especially since some regular buddies will not have taken fundies. But it is interesting to see how people 'adapt' something which sounds like it involves pieces in your life away from diving as well.

Anyways, I'm rambling.

Thanks

Bjorn

jeckyll,
Yes, I do read the archives. In fact, I just read a 12-15 page chat that headhunter and the boys has with some guy a couple of years ago about what DIR is. It was funny at best. Some guy that didn't know the first thing about DIR telling these guys they need to adopt practices to make their diving safer and that they should all have brightly colored resg and that is was bad that DIR banned colored regs to which headhunter and the boys kept saying there is no ban on colored gear.

Since this is a discussion forum, I like to take advantage of the opportunity to discuss things with other divers and to learn from them. Everything has been covered at some point on this board in one fashion or another by those wiser than either of us. So with that in mind since it has already been asked and replied to before is there any need for you to reply to any thread at all?? or to start any thread???

Also in asking questions, it lets me know who knows their stuff and who is just fluff. By knowing that it gives me some idea of whose posts I want want to look up. For instance, I find most if not all of TSandM, NWGratefuldiver, UnclePug, DocIntrepid, PerroneFord, posts helpful and the rest humorous. I have spent hours reading the arcs of their posts. By asking questions and gettting good thoughtful responses they proved themselves worthy of more study. It has also helped me to identify people that I want to talk to off board to ask things I don't want to post.

In addition, it has helped divers who are DIR and wish to reach out to newbies like me to identify me. Several folks have PM'd me and invited me to join them to dive with them not just on the web but in the water. They now know I am new and wanting and willing to learn. I am so thankful to those who have been willing to extend an invitation to show me a whole new way of diving.

It was after I got myself in serious trouble in the water and posted about it that a couple of DIR folks reached out to me to help me work through that incident and suggested that I needed a whole new diving mindset and better skills. Since then I have been learning a lot from the DIR crowd and hope to keep learning. That is why I have been asking questions.

I really appreciate those that posted honest and helpful answers to my question about the dif between the two camps of divers.

leah:
For instance, I find most if not all of TSandM, NWGratefuldiver, UnclePug, DocIntrepid, PerroneFord, posts helpful and the rest humorous.
Oh no...now she knows all my posts are useless! :rofl3:

SparticleBrane:
Oh no...now she knows all my posts are useless! :rofl3:

That's ok Brane, you and me can just play with this handy dandy particle accelerator over here...
:wink:

rjack321:
That's ok Brane, you and me can just play with this handy dandy particle accelerator over here...
:wink:

For some reason that statement made me have flashbacks of the cartoon "Pinky and the Brain".

Pinky: What are we going to do tomorrow night, Brain?
Brain: What we do everynight, Pinky.
Pinky: What's that?
Brain: Try and take over the world!

HAH that was the best cartoon ever...NARF!! :eyebrow:
I might just have to buy it on DVD.

pinky and the brain rocked

wb1012-pinky--the-brain.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom