So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That last picture really reminds me of something I've seen a few times. But since this board requires posts to be PG-rated, I am at no liberty to go into more detail.

Is that intentional, or is it just my dirty mind showing?

seems really small. just sayin'.

IMG_2271.JPG
That last picture really reminds me of something I've seen a few times. But since this board requires posts to be PG-rated, I am at no liberty to go into more detail.

Is that intentional, or is it just my dirty mind showing?

Heh, heh, heh, that would indeed be your "dirty mind showing." I had based it, in part, upon some photos I had taken on a caisson dive at the old Tacoma Narrows site, years ago; and the octopus' mantle and siphon were in a similar position.

That octopus had taken one of my aiming lights; wasn't really going to argue with 14 kilos of groping muscle.

Here is a montage of the various stages of the sculpture design -- thanks, Lori, for the photoshoppery -- from a very loose pub napkin sketch (after a round of calamari, bangers and mash, and no lack of stout); to a more formal proposal, under progress, on illustration board; to the nasty thing, still in development . . .

Finally got use of my regulators... to pump up flat tire on son’s car.

Snapshot - 2.png
Went diving on Wednesday, ( now allowed) water temp was 12c or 54f, once my face was numb it was quite good, only 4 metres deep under Rye pier, but lots of spider crabs and a couple of large rays enjoying a meal of spider crabs.

The pier was full of fisherman with hoop nets all trying to catch crabs for a feed, but looking at the amount of meat on one you would need a lot of crabs get a feed. Sorry about the image quality but a screen grab off a GoPro video

IMG_2293.JPG
A friend asked me to rebuild one of his regulators -- now about thirty years old and in need of service. Whomever worked on it last, torqued the living crap out of it; and it almost required a breaker bar to loosen things up.

Something else to do, in the June gloom and Covidiocy . . .

I upgraded my toolkit and supported manufacturing workers. I had come to dislike the ill fitting wrenches on my multi tool. So I got a Knipex pliers wrench, as some mentioned in other threads. The jaws are thin for when needed. I'd get another, but they're expensive and I have a 6" crescent. The 10" ones are beautiful, even etched to show the adjustment size. (To pass the time I'm working on my research as normal and starting post grad job search. No down time here.)
94F1B78C-5E74-4112-93CC-DD70657CEDF3.jpeg

I have two Knipex pliers wrenches in my tool kit. I like then in that they are an adjustable wrench that doesn’t suck and it fits under a Shearwater transmitter that is mounted directly to a first stage.

View attachment 595706 A friend asked me to rebuild one of his regulators -- now about thirty years old and in need of service. Whomever worked on it last, torqued the living crap out of it; and it almost required a breaker bar to loosen things up.

Something else to do, in the June gloom and Covidiocy . . .
Nice. I need to get a crowsfoot adapter for my torque wrench. Either that or I've seen some homemade adjustable versions online with a 1/2" adapter welded to the ground off head of an adjustable wrench.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom