So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Dubai, we can only leave home (one person per household) for food and medicine between 8am to 2pm and have to apply for a permit first.

Permits

Now only Dubai is doing this, the other six emirates have more relaxed rules.

Various fines are in place for breaking the rules USD1 = AED3.66

AED1,000 for not wearing a mask outdoors
AED5,000 for attending social gathering
AED10,000 for organising Social gathering or meeting
AED1,000 for not maintaining social distancing
AED50,000 for violating administrative closure of public places e.g. beaches, clubs, malls, gyms, cinemas
AED2,000 for leaving home with no important work or genuine reason
AED1,000 for unnecessary visits to hospitals or health facilities
AED500 for people caught visiting public places

The Metro and Tram lines are closed however some limited bus services are running

Speed cameras are set to 1kph and record all vehicles that pass, and we have lots of speed cameras here in Dubai / UAE.

Germany and Netherlands.
I know all about BREXIT, currently furloughed because of the virus and don't know if I have a job or a place to live after the end of the year when the transition period finishes. A lot of Brits who live in Europe are quite nervous as there is no agreement in place and nobody is negotiating BREXIT while the virus is about. Hopefully common sense will prevale...... But we're talking politicians here....
I think it is most likely you get an extension as long as Covid is the main priority.

Nobody wants to negotiate things under this crisis.

Stay safe.

Nobody wants to negotiate things under this crisis.

Yes Brexit is on the back burner, there are more important priorities at the moment.

Here in Dubai, we can only leave home (one person per household) for food and medicine between 8am to 2pm and have to apply for a permit first.

Permits

Now only Dubai is doing this, the other six emirates have more relaxed rules.

Various fines are in place for breaking the rules USD1 = AED3.66

AED1,000 for not wearing a mask outdoors
AED5,000 for attending social gathering
AED10,000 for organising Social gathering or meeting
AED1,000 for not maintaining social distancing
AED50,000 for violating administrative closure of public places e.g. beaches, clubs, malls, gyms, cinemas
AED2,000 for leaving home with no important work or genuine reason
AED1,000 for unnecessary visits to hospitals or health facilities
AED500 for people caught visiting public places

The Metro and Tram lines are closed however some limited bus services are running

Speed cameras are set to 1kph and record all vehicles that pass, and we have lots of speed cameras here in Dubai / UAE.
Those fines seem stiff but I like the approach. Might be a way to get the kids to stay home. I have talked to several who think this whole thing is a hoax and can't be convinced otherwise. I guess a lifetime of being lied to by politicians and news stations will do that to a person.

@dmaziuk

Helmet is non-optional. I've had friends saved by them.

The skiers' theory is that for everyone saved by the helmet, there's an idjit who tried something stupid expecting the helmet to make it all right. The statistics apparently hasn't changed, after a few initial wiggles.

I can feel my hair falling out where the helmet rubs on the sweaty scalp.

Those fines seem stiff but I like the approach. Might be a way to get the kids to stay home. I have talked to several who think this whole thing is a hoax and can't be convinced otherwise. I guess a lifetime of being lied to by politicians and news stations will do that to a person.

Dr. Darwin to the rescue.

And after this is over will they have a different take on politicians and news stations? Are masks good or bad? Trump tells about a medication that appears to be helping and is excoriated.

I can feel my hair falling out where the helmet rubs on the sweaty scalp.

That’s not a problem I have. Sounds like I’ve got more hair than you do.

That’s not a problem I have. Sounds like I’ve got more hair than you do.

... on the body part where one wears the helmet, anyway.

$250 USD for not wearing a mask? Seems fair to me.

People who still think this is a hoax are going to get others killed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom