So if you got offered the job as the general manager of a new LDS...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Norwegian government recently (as in last week) amended their travelguidelines to Egypt. So travels to the "touristy-places" Ie. Sharm, Hurgada, Dahab and Aqaba bay are not under restrictions.

landsider.no : Offisielt reiseråd for Egypt

Would reccomend Red Sea Diving College.

Men... Seriøst.. Får vi nytt dykkesenter i Norge snart?

where should this person look to fly from Europe and do it during the first quarter of 2014?

Purely in terms of geography, I'd suggest doing the IDC in an area where the market was comparable to where employment would be offered.

There's little point 'cutting your teeth' in a Koh Tao backpacker sausage factory, or a Central American cattle-boat bonanza, if the intention was to open an operation at a 5* hotel in Europe with discerning (and demanding) clientele. And vice-versa...

Step One should be to investigate the market in which the center would open.

Step Two would be to understand what niche the owners wanted to target - and how that fitted with their budget/operational plans etc

Step Three would be to research and identify a training location that most closely approximated what you learned from steps one and two.

The Norwegian government recently (as in last week) amended their travelguidelines to Egypt. So travels to the "touristy-places" Ie. Sharm, Hurgada, Dahab and Aqaba bay are not under restrictions.

landsider.no : Offisielt reiseråd for Egypt

Would reccomend Red Sea Diving College.

Men... Seriøst.. Får vi nytt dykkesenter i Norge snart?
OI, they changed it on friday, last time I checked was thursday :)

DevonDIver, I've never been on a cattle boat bonanza at Roatan. There may be such there but not at the shops/ops I dive and those shops have robust training programs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom