So... How HOT were you today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know how hot it got, but it's never good when your A/C is set for 78 degrees and it kicks on at 8:00 am!!!

jim ernst:
THANKS BRUCE!!!! we really needed that!!! just rub it in buddy!!! lol:D

Being near the beach helps keep us cool. But, there are tradeoffs. Like ... there is sand in everything...we worry about tidal waves...the constant noise of the ocean.

Seriously, though, there is a downside. I have to put road cones in the street to protect my parking place. My neighbor's house is so close that he can hear me sneeze. My lot is so small that I have only 34 blades of grass (yes I can count them all).

What is this Celsius you all speak of? is that some new form of measurment just thought up??

:D

ItsBruce:
Being near the beach helps keep us cool. But, there are tradeoffs. Like ... there is sand in everything...we worry about tidal waves...the constant noise of the ocean.

Seriously, though, there is a downside. I have to put road cones in the street to protect my parking place. My neighbor's house is so close that he can hear me sneeze. My lot is so small that I have only 34 blades of grass (yes I can count them all).
I've been to Marina Del Rey, you'll get no sympathy from me...
Statement as of 8:30 PM MST on July 24, 2006

... Record temperatures set today...

In south-central Arizona... a record high temperature of 114 degrees was set at Phoenix today. This ties the old record of 114 set in 2001.

A record high minimum of 90 degrees was also set at Phoenix today. This ties the old record of 90 set in 2000.
P.S. Due to thermal mass, my area is at least 5 degrees hotter....although it's a "dry heat"

ItsBruce:
We actually had to turn on the A/C ... the first time in around 8 years. I'm not enjoying this.

You HAVE AC??? Yesterday in San Clemente, 1 mile from the beach...97.9F with a heat index of 116F...I have pans of ice in front of the fans! :frosty:

It's about 87 with a nice breeze off the ocean right now. Smell of salt in the air, crashing of waves on the beach, that twinge in my back from trying to carry scooter and full gear up the beach all at once.....ahhh.

It has pretty much been 85F in Hawaii for this whole summer. Some days a bit more or less, but I've acclimated to it and now its quite comfortable. Have fun roasting =P

I live in Washington for a reason, and its NOT because its 95+ and muggy. Im SOOO glad that its cooled off today, because I was fairly convinced that I was going to die. Sunday, it was over 100 and I moved out of my upstairs apt. and into a new upstairs apt... and really, that sucked!

Ok, ranting done.. .the weather today is PERFECT!! :D

Back
Top Bottom