So. Cal Suit Recomendation needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2onaut

Reaction score
After enjoying the relative nice water temps of Cozumel, my wife and I are heading over to Southern California (Anacapa and Santa Cruz Islands) for some colder water diving.

I'm planning of picking up 2 piece 7mil Farmer John/Jane suits with separate 6.5 mil hoods and hoping the combination will be acceptable.

Anyone here diving these islands and have a recommendation for us?

Thanks! =-)

That should work pretty well for you, although I have never been clear on hood thickness, frankly. Don't forget your gloves!

The last time I was up at Anacapa (9/22/2001), the water was 62-64 degrees with good visibility. Have you made boat arrangements?

Yep reservations have been made, we will be going out on Spectre Boat out of Ventura, on the limited recommendation of a friend.

4 dives for $75, seemed like a decent price and 4 dives in 1 day was a plus, especially during bug season.

If you have any other suggestions for future dives, I'm all ears. Ideally we are interested in diving out of Ventura or Channel Islands Harbours......or possibly Santa Barbara if its worth it.

Thanks for the help:D

I'm sure you'll have a good time...I was originally certified off the Spectre. They do a good BBQ lunch. The Peace probably has the best food. I prefer the Liberty, though, probably because of its crew. They all have hot tubs for the trip home!!

Truth Aquatics boats leave out of Santa Barbara, and I have heard that they are very nice, but I've never done it. They do multiple day trips, from what I understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom