So after the bombing in indonesia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Universal Diver:
Thanks for all the information. I will do a little more research on it.

The Diving Club information (from neve) is interesting and I also feel stupid because I checked all over the Jimbaran Hills homepage and never saw the Ena Divers section (from orangeBloke).

Diving alone could be very interesting as well. I would love to dive the Liberty wreck in Tulumben and it isn't such a difficult dive. Thanks tinylia. BTW, when will you be there?

Chris

There is always people diving in Tulamben. So, even you're alone, you're not really alone. You can always hire a guide which is still cheaper than paying for a dive package (as long as you have all your gears). I'd recommend Wayan from Bali Corral.(note: there are gazillion Wayans in Bali, so make sure that he's the one who works at Bali Corral :-0) He's a native Tulamben, and he knows all of the dive sites in Tulamben & Amed well. Try to do night dive for the Liberty wreck if you can. Get to see interesting creatures. I will be there on the 21st of Nov.

Universal Diver:
Jen,

Good information. I'm not too worried about getting into too much trouble. I've done a few dives and feel comfortable diving alone. I often dive in Japan alone. I'm an OWSI and don't have many problems with diving solo here.

Are there any dive services near the wreck to get tanks?

Chris

Chris,

There are dive shops just about in every resort there. Bali Corral, Paradise, Mimpi, etc. All those resorts are right by the entry point to the Liberty. You can negotiate the price for about Rp30-40K/tank. No more than Rp50K though.

tinylia:
Chris,

There are dive shops just about in every resort there. Bali Corral, Paradise, Mimpi, etc. All those resorts are right by the entry point to the Liberty. You can negotiate the price for about Rp30-40K/tank. No more than Rp50K though.

One of my staff is there right now, staying at Mimpi, and he texted me that it is full of somewhat irritating German tourists (he is German), but has excellent German beer! He also said he did his first night dive yesterday, bumping into huge bumpheads (or were they humpheads?). I have been planning a trip there for a while, then he got certified, got excited by my discriptions, and took off before me! I ought to fire him for that, but what the heck, I'll be there myself next week...

meisburger:
One of my staff is there right now, staying at Mimpi, and he texted me that it is full of somewhat irritating German tourists (he is German), but has excellent German beer! He also said he did his first night dive yesterday, bumping into huge bumpheads (or were they humpheads?). I have been planning a trip there for a while, then he got certified, got excited by my discriptions, and took off before me! I ought to fire him for that, but what the heck, I'll be there myself next week...

Dang, I missed out! I missed my Hefeweizen while I was there! :-(

tinylia:
Dang, I missed out! I missed my Hefeweizen while I was there! :-(

Yes, you did. And as I pen these few lines, I am but an hour and a half from climbing in a taxi to go to the airport for a flight to Bali. Three hours later I will be in a taxi on the way to Tulemben, and by lunch I will be sitting under an umbrella munching shrimp and calamari, listening to the tiny waves gently lap the stony beach, and enjoying the salt sea air while sipping on a Hefeweizen.....

meisburger:
Yes, you did. And as I pen these few lines, I am but an hour and a half from climbing in a taxi to go to the airport for a flight to Bali. Three hours later I will be in a taxi on the way to Tulemben, and by lunch I will be sitting under an umbrella munching shrimp and calamari, listening to the tiny waves gently lap the stony beach, and enjoying the salt sea air while sipping on a Hefeweizen.....

OK, that's cruel!!!! :p while I'm slaving myself in a small office facing winter approaching too soon for my taste :-(

Btw, what's the ticket price now from JKT-DPS? just wondering since I'll be there in Nov (not soon enough!!)

well, I will have a Hacker-Pschorr Weisse nonetheless while you're having a great time out there! :)

tinylia:
OK, that's cruel!!!! :p while I'm slaving myself in a small office facing winter approaching too soon for my taste :-(

Btw, what's the ticket price now from JKT-DPS? just wondering since I'll be there in Nov (not soon enough!!)

well, I will have a Hacker-Pschorr Weisse nonetheless while you're having a great time out there! :)

Well, I never did have the german beer, but did a lot of diving, and it was better than ever. Lots of nice fish, including the biggest barracuda I ever saw. Big teeth.

The price is about one million.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom