snuba logged?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haumana ronin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Would it be acceptable to log a SNUBA dive in your logbook? I know there are no logbook police, so I am just curious as to what is considered "fair."

Also, i just passed the one year mark since certification. Woo hoo!

:zen:

Why would you log a sNuba dive as a sCuba dive?

If you want a record of it, then fair enough. However, it isn't relevant sCuba experience - so it shouldn't/wouldn't be considered towards experience prerequisites for sCuba courses or for judging your overall sCuba diving experience.

It's your book. Do what you want.

I can't imagine that you would find Snuba even remotely fulfilling. I nearly drown every time I go snorkeling because I forget that the tube has to be above the waterline... :wink:

You are breathing compressed gas underwater. It is a dive.

It's your book. Do what you want.

Bingo! Its your book. Its for your benefit. 99% of the time you will be the only person who reads it. Enjoy you snuba / hooka dives.

I.m with lowviz here: Breathing air under pressure at depth is "loggable" but log it for what it is- a dive with surface supplied air. SOme activities that divers do are "snuba- including a lot of aquarium work, and Mike Nelson himself did snuba and scuba. If you watch old Sea Hunt episodes (you can find them on line) you will notice the opening intro scene has him gearing up in snuba gear. However, in the actual shows he is on scuba, with little technology we enjoy now, demonstrating how to kick up the bottom, flail around with his hands while swimming, and also quite a few rapid ascents. God love him anyway. Snuba is confining, but is another underwater experience adding to one's resume. Maybe it's best to keep a snuba log separtae from scuba log. But go ahead and log the time.
DivemasterDennis
DivemasterDennis

Type of dive-SNUBA, SCUBA, Hookah, Rebreather demo, Brass Hard Hat, whatever

Back
Top Bottom