Snow Skiing question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have never been and the kids would like to go.

We would probably go to SnowShoe in West Va if we went.

Questions:

Is there a forum for snow skiing as good as this one for diving. (In know that there lots of forums - but I don't need 20)

If you know about SnowShoe - How late in the spring is too late to go there?
I was thinking March spring break - but if there is no snow then - you get the point!

DD

There are lots of skiing oriented forums, and a few I frequent. The best I can think of offhand foryour situation is EpicSki.com. I don't hang out there personally, but it seems to be the learning forum.

As for your timing issues, I can't help you. The resort I ski most often is open until mid-may. I am told this is not normal.

Have fun!

Skiing - my other favorite gear-intensive-uber-expensive sport! I second Epicski (formerly known as Barking Bear - The Barking Bear Forums - EpicSki Community) though not sure of the value if you have never been skiing before. Most information assumes a level of familiarity with the sport. I would call it the skiing equivalent of SB :D
Don't know when spring break is this year, March is unpredictable - you could get dumped on or it could pour rain all day. Though given this year, we will have snow through April. Once temps start to warm the snow gets heavy and trying to manuever is like moving in concrete, then it freezes back overnight and it's rutted and bumpy and nasty.
From their site it appears they have a good base and claim to be staying open till April 5.
I say if you and the kids have never done it, give it a try especially if they are offering a good package. The newer parabolic skiis decrease learning time and usually make for a very enjoyable experience for first timers. Dress in light removable layers, nothing bulky or constrictive and do take lessons. Feel free to PM any other questions you may have and good luck! ...I'll be in Bonaire most of March looking for the 1,000 Steps that were stolen...

We would probably go to SnowShoe in West Va if we went.

I would suggest that you look at Stowe before making a final decision. They have the best selection of trails in Vermont. Lots of trails for the kids and if Mom and Dad wish something more challenging the "Goat" (formerly Goat's Run) offers some of the most challenging terrain east of the Rockies. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom