Snorkelling Resorts - Sharm El Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lyndon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My first post in here and would like to know of any resorts in Sharm el Sheikh (or Dahab ) that have a good house reef that I could snorkel from the hotel.

Im hoping to see corals as I've seen a lot of fish when in the Maldives....

Any suggestions ??? 3 4 or 5 star is fine....The only requirement is that the reef should be good.

Welcome to the Scuba Board!!!!!

As far as snorkling is concerned I would rather recommend Sharm instead of Dahab. In Sharm most of the hotels located at the shore have reefs. Some of them are really great - Ras Nasrani, Shark's Bay, Middle and Far Garden.

So to make it more simple - take any hotel but do not take hotels that are located on the shore of Naama Bay - this bay doesn't have a reef.
Most of the diving centers take on the boat not only divers but also snorkels. My only advice - avoid boats that take only snorkels!!!! They are usually overcrowded and much too noisy (at least for me).
Divers boat are better but you would not have a separate guide just for snorkeling as you have on snorkel's boats.
Any other questions? Don't be afraid to ask - here you can get a lot of help!!!!
Mania

Im zeroing on 2 hotels....Club El Faraana Reef & Hilton Waterfalls....(recommended by goredsea.com for their house reefs)

Id prefer the first option as its less expensive than the Hilton...any one with experience in these hotels ?

I stayed in Hilton Waterfalls and it's worth the money you are paying. The hotel is great, food very good and it has a nice reef. Unfortunately I don't know the other hotel you mentioned so I can't be much of a help.
Hilton waterfalls at least here costs around 500$ US (including the charter price). So it's not much for the 5* hotel....
Mania

I highly recommend the Intercontinental Resort. Their beach/pier is directly on Middle Garden. Near and Far Gardens are nearby too, depending on how long you wish to snorkel for.

Ras um sid has some excellent reef for snorkelling, the best I've seen, so any hotel around there (Club El Faraana Reef) !

Hilston Sharks Bay is/was excellent when we were there.

I'll second what Mania mentioned about the organised snorkelling trips.....they're a bit of a zoo, very overpriced and you see just as much, if not more, on the hotel reefs.

The hotel reefs tend to be shallower, whereas the organsied trips tend to be near deeper dive sites, so you don't see so much.

The other good thing about snorkelling on the house reefs is that when you get fed up (unlikely :wink: ) or tired/cold, you can hop out go to the bar!

chippy:
The other good thing about snorkelling on the house reefs is that when you get fed up (unlikely :wink: ) or tired/cold, you can hop out go to the bar!

Only remember that they have 400% tax on alcohol. So it's not cheap. Better solution is to hop out and go to your own room... :wink:

Mania

Unless your "all inclusive" like me :wink:

I see that someone has updated there avatar too? :11:

chippy:
I see that someone has updated there avatar too? :11:
Just a little bit...yes :11ztongue
Still looking for a better one where I look like Miss Universum or something similar :lala:
But it will take some time, probably the eternity, to find such picture :wink:
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom