Snorkelling in Thailand; basic tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Accipiter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everybody!

I'm a boy from Norway, and me and my family are doing some research about where to go in our next trip. Probaly in a half year, or at least one year, is the plan... Hopefully we go to Thailand! :D

We are totally rookies, no one is diving, just snorkelling, but we sure enjoy just that! :wink:

But, we can as much about Thailand as we can about diving (maybe a bit more, but that not good enough!), so you have to help us, please!

I'm not gonna tell much about what we want, but the basic questions are:

Where to go? Weather is important, beside the coral reefs of course, and also things mentioned below...
When to go? -Weather-
Other tips if you have something to indicate for some beginners!

What we are looking for: Coral reefs, of course. But we would also appreciate nice nature over land, culture, food, not too many people, and not too heavy price!

Hope you can omit some minutes to help us :)

Regards Accipiter

Hi Accipiter,

There's plenty of nice snorkeling in Thailand; in fact there's probably some good snorkeling at most of all the islands in the Gulf of Thailand and in the Andaman Sea.
Koh Tarutao, Ko Adang, Koh Lipee, Koh Rohk, Koh Prathong and the Surin Marine National Park are all fairly quiet and "natural" places with good snorkeling on the Andaman Coast. Those places are best visited between November and May.

Thank you! I have looked a lot on the internet and we have bought two books, so I think we can manage a great trip now! :)

Surin Marine National Park seems as a nice place, thank you!

accipiter

Thank you! I have looked a lot on the internet and we have bought two books, so I think we can manage a great trip now! :)

Surin Marine National Park seems as a nice place, thank you!

You're most welcome!

The Surin Marine National Park is a GREAT place for snorkeling with lots of shallow healthy hard coral reefs and a large variety of colorful reef fish. It's also a place where you are likely to encounter sea turtles!
The white sandy beaches are quite nice too and there's a small "sea-gypsy" community that you can visit.

Enjoy!!:)

Fabulous! :) I really have to go there!

Thanks for tips! They are written down in my papers. :D

and we will surely enjoy, I can promise you :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom