Snorkeling with a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just spitballiing (I'm not a dry suit guy, and am not arguing the merit of the idea), but wouldn't a small standalone inflation bottle for the dry suit, worn on what amounts to a fanny pack, work?

Respectfully,

James

Just spitballiing (I'm not a dry suit guy, and am not arguing the merit of the idea), but wouldn't a small standalone inflation bottle for the dry suit, worn on what amounts to a fanny pack, work?

Respectfully,

James
Hi James, it could work, for sure, but the idea is more about thermal protection and not bouyancy. So, for snorkeling in silfra, it is enough to adjust your bouyancy once, and you are good to go. Best regards

Markus

Hi James, it could work, for sure, but the idea is more about thermal protection and not bouyancy. So, for snorkeling in silfra, it is enough to adjust your bouyancy once, and you are good to go. Best regards

Markus
The OP's actual question was specifically about managing dry suit buoyancy sans scuba gear.

The OP's actual question was specifically about managing dry suit buoyancy sans scuba gear.
You adjust it once, that you float on the surface, and snorkle. So adjust once, and you are good to go for floating on the surface.

A significant portion of my snorkel time is not spent on the surface.

I have no dog in the fight, feel free to tell the OP you feel his question is invalid. I just tried to offer a solution.

Respectfully,

James

I have no dog in the fight, feel free to tell the OP you feel his question is invalid. I just tried to offer a solution.

Respectfully,

James
Dear James, I also have no dog in the fight. I just wanted to say, that snorkeling in a dry suit is only of limeted use. I can imagine, that is very uncomfortable.

Best regard

Markus

... I do a lot of u/w photography in lakes and streams where a lot of the fish are shy and scuba bubbles spook them ...

Have you considered a double-hose regulator? These will route your scuba exhaust bubbles behind your head. Consequently, fish in front of you will be less spooked.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom