Snorkeling Tour Guide - ALASKA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Snorkel Alaska in Ketchikan seeks outgoing individuals to take cruise ships passengers on guided snorkeling excursions in the last frontier. All equipment and paid on the job training are provided with this full-time, seasonal position or paid Internship.

As a Snorkeling Tour Guide you will be responsible for giving snorkeling instructions, issuing equipment and assisting with donning of equipment. You will also provide safety briefings and guided marine life tours while caring for our guests in the water. Equipment maintenance before and after the tour are also part of the responsibilities.

You can expect to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with one day off per week depending on the cruise ship schedule. Pay is dependent on certification level and experience but averages $100 per day plus tips and overtime. Other perks include unlimited SCUBA diving on your free time. We have some of the best wall diving and spear fishing in the state.

You can also enjoy many of the other tours in town at little or no cost. Flight seeing, Zip Lines, Kayaking, Misty Fjord cruises, Adventure Karts and fishing are some of the many choices. Ketchikan is located on an island and wilderness abounds. There are numerous hiking trails and some of the best salmon and halibut fishing the world.

Snorkeling in Alaska? It sounds crazy but surface temperatures can reach 65 degrees in mid-summer. We provide you with two brand new 7mm SCUBAPRO Everflex Steamer wetsuits, hood, boots, gloves and everything else you need to be comfortable in the water.

Preference will be given to PADI / NAUI certified Rescue Divers, Divemasters or Instructors but anyone with cold water diving / snorkeling experience and a sense of adventure can apply. We prefer people who can commit to the entire season, which runs from May 1 to September 26, 2015. However we do have one position available for our peak months of June, July and August. Current CPR and First Aid or EFR certifications are required. PADI / NAUI DM’s & Instructors must also have current liability insurance.

We would prefer someone with a strong background in customer service but will consider anyone who can learn quickly, is fun loving and can work as part of a team. You should be in good physical condition, as you need to be able to freedive to depths of 30 to 40 feet repeatedly during the tour. Smokers need not apply.

The Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure has been voted Ketchikan's Shore Excursion of the year seven times by our guests from Princess Cruises.

Do you have what it takes to become a member of the 2015 team??? If so send a resume and a recent to snorkelalaska@gmail.com for immediate consideration. You can learn more about the tour by checking out our website at www.snorkelalaska.com

[INLINE] IMG_0969.jpg[/INLINE]

I Sooo want to do this. Am thinking next summer :)

I did the snorkle tour while I was on a cruise...it was fun. If I were 30 years younger I would jump at an adventure like this one.

I looked into this again this year. They really want PADI instructors at a minimum. Housing will cost you $500/month and you are promised at least one day off for every 12 you work.
Also, you need to be able to free dive to 40ft with the provided 7mm wet suit.
I really want to do it, but a few things holding me back. I'm NAUI DM (apparently Naui's insurance doesn't cover up there) and can't free dive that far. sigh..

That's to bad...as a guest I had a great time and was thinking about work if I was younger. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom