snorkeling rates? length of time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CiXeL

Registered
Reaction score
anyone know where i can find the least expensive snorkeling in the keys

and the longest period of time snorkeling? sorry an hour doesnt cut it!

i spent all day at hanauma bay in hawaii till my back was the color of pickled ginger =P

until i go over all my scuba books and watch the videos again im not going diving but i need to at least get out there. im itching for it! i got a tiny taste at grecian rocks when i went to pennekamp last weekend but also spent part of the time babysitting my gf who isnt as comfortable in the water.

Depends on where you go.. the places you could go all day and not get run over by a boat are virtually gone, also state law says if your face down in the water with a mask and snorkel you need a diver down flag, thus a target for the boats again. Prior to, I had some great spots you could snorkel all afternoon and if you were decent at free diving, you could drop to the bottom at 45 feet and do some stone crabbing as well. About the only place you can get away with it anymore is Pennicamp in Key Largo... I'd snorkel all day there.. hmmm.. or the mangrove areas... I think I have an idea for a place here by me to check out! :)

Keys Diver (next to Wendy's at mile marker 100 bayside) offers a three location trip (about 40 minutes at each site) every afternoon. It costs around $30 per person, and usually includes a visit to the famous Christ of the Deep statue. Enjoy!

KeyLargoBrent:
Keys Diver (next to Wendy's at mile marker 100 bayside) offers a three location trip (about 40 minutes at each site) every afternoon. It costs around $30 per person, and usually includes a visit to the famous Christ of the Deep statue. Enjoy!

That sounds like a deal!

CiXeL:
anyone know where i can find the least expensive snorkeling in the keys

and the longest period of time snorkeling? sorry an hour doesnt cut it!

i spent all day at hanauma bay in hawaii till my back was the color of pickled ginger =P

until i go over all my scuba books and watch the videos again im not going diving but i need to at least get out there. im itching for it! i got a tiny taste at grecian rocks when i went to pennekamp last weekend but also spent part of the time babysitting my gf who isnt as comfortable in the water.

There are some nice patch reefs in paddling distance if you have (or rent) a kayak. Take a dive flag. I paddled to and snorkelled one just south of the Newfound Harbor Keys last week and it was really nice. The area is marked by four orange bouys and there are a bunch of white mooring bouys you can tie to. Also there's Cheeca Rocks farther up. Same kind of deal, but I haven't paddled there myself. Whatever you do, wear a T-shirt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom