Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PC150027.JPG

I just stumbled across this forum and thread, what amazing pictures!

I snorkeled for the first time in November and it was so fun that I can't believe I'd never thought of doing it before. Now I continual think about the next trip/chance to snorkel. I'm also a novice photographer whether underwater or not.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures captured thus far, can't wait to get in more time snorkeling!

Prior to reading through this thread I'd never thought much about editing my pictures beyond cropping them if necessary. But all the tips and info in here got me playing around with my images and I'm hooked now!

I selected one picture from my Maui trip and edited it using three different programs, Irfanview, Picasa, and Photoscape. I mostly just used the auto-fix functionality of each program with maybe a little fine tuning. I'm sure with practice I might develop a better eye and be able to make even better adjustments but it is pretty dramatic how much the color can be brought back with the auto-fix option.

Of course starting with a better picture will help too, that's definitely going to take some practice!

Original

Photoscape

Picasa

Irfanview

Prior to reading through this thread I'd never thought much about editing my pictures beyond cropping them if necessary. But all the tips and info in here got me playing around with my images and I'm hooked now!

I selected one picture from my Maui trip and edited it using three different programs, Irfanview, Picasa, and Photoscape. I mostly just used the auto-fix functionality of each program with maybe a little fine tuning. I'm sure with practice I might develop a better eye and be able to make even better adjustments but it is pretty dramatic how much the color can be brought back with the auto-fix option.

Of course starting with a better picture will help too, that's definitely going to take some practice!

Original

Photoscape

Picasa

Irfanview

Nice demo ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom