Snorkeler feared taken by shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It just goes to show what I tell everyone who asks why I would dive with sharks- Down there I'm more or less one of them. Face it, when you are on top of the water you are at the bottom of the food chain!

It just goes to show what I tell everyone who asks why I would dive with sharks- Down there I'm more or less one of them. Face it, when you are on top of the water you are at the bottom of the food chain!

I agree, I'd rather be on the bottom than the surface. In the Bahamas we did a shark dive and the only part I felt a little worried was doing my safety stop at 15'. We were all hanging onto the rope feeling like bait.

Hey Jim, a couple Discovery shark weeks ago...this guy in Australia/California?? one of those great white areas was scuba diving on the bottom of the ocean floor...kind of shallow...gathering some food source...not sure what..doesnt matter and a great white came up and took him just about whole.

The guy lived to tell the story as he had on some goofy weight vest full of lead which stopped alot of the sharks teeth from penetrating...he had the presence of mind to reach out of the sharks mouth and poke his eye..causing the shark to release him.

Yes, I agree that on the surface you are more likely to be attacked, but I think unlucky is just that. We are on the bottom of the food chain no matter where in the water we are.

J

Back
Top Bottom