Snorkel on Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MdkSniper

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any good places where you can snorkel on Venice Beach and find shark teeth? I'm going to be down in Florida with my family in two weeks and I'm not going to bring my dive gear down. Thanks in advance

MdkSniper once bubbled...
Is there any good places where you can snorkel on Venice Beach and find shark teeth? I'm going to be down in Florida with my family in two weeks and I'm not going to bring my dive gear down. Thanks in advance

!!!! Bring the GEAR !!!! Even if you have to strap it on to get it down here, bring the gear. Its WORTH the effort.

I've been told a good beach dive in that area (actually a few miles south) is off of Boca Grande. Look for 17th street and follow it to the beach. There is actually some coral growth there. (I must admit this is second hand info, but it comes from a reliable source :) )

Otherwise, as others have mentioned, there are plenty of places off of Venice Beach - and Englewood Beach / Stump Pass area. Lots of teeth can be found walking along the beach as well.

Fishermark

Fishermark once bubbled... [/i]
Otherwise, as others have mentioned, there are plenty of places off of Venice Beach - and Englewood Beach / Stump Pass area. Lots of teeth can be found walking along the beach as well. [/B]

I live here in CLWTR area and have yet gone to StumpPass..Can you share location information and any person kowledge or second hand knowledge of teeth or other fossils??I thought Venice was pretty much the only shore teeth finding spot?
:bounce:
If you don't wish to share the info I understand..many hunters I find, don't like to divulge thier "honey spots"...
Have a great day

Lemon Bay!!! I used to find loads and loads there. Not to mention there is a sand dig that you can get to and there are massive ammounts of fossils!

Well I thank you for your shared knowledge...we are heading to Venice this weekend....Never know if we stay with the beach or wonder about.....we know someone that has some good luck in some areas and I think we fully intend on making this and explore our options kind of trip....It's a childless trip which gives us alot more flexibility.....Hopefully we find that viz is better before all the sun bathers and swimmers come in.....I will settle for anything more since it betters your chances there :)

PaulB- Where would you go at lemon bay, I was just at stump pass 8/2/03 I saw that you can get to the bay from there. Also you said there is a sand dig you can get into, whats that? Do you mean just sift in the sand?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom