Smoking pot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Wow, look how many hits I am getting on this thread.!! :11:

No, No. It is a cook pot that I use for making soup. I seems to burn everytime I use it. It doesn't matter if it is on low heat or not.

It is stainless steel. Does any one know if I can treat it some how to prevent it from sticking and burning?

what about using Pam? I use it on my pots and they don't burn.

benncool:
Wow, look how many hits I am getting on this thread.!!
11.gif

Only two so far, counting me...

It is a cook pot that I use for making soup. I seems to burn everytime I use it. It doesn't matter if it is on low heat or not.

Are you saying that the ingredients that touch the bottom of the pot burn? Is this when you simmer the soup or saute ingredients, prior to adding liquid? Just making sure I totally understand.

It is stainless steel. Does any one know if I can treat it some how to prevent it from sticking and burning?

How heavy of a pot is it? Do you know how thick the metal is? You can buy a heavier pot. Maybe a defuser on the burner.

You mean the soup burns onto the bottom of the pot? Are you using a gas or electric stove?
It helps if you preheat the pan before you add anything to it. Add the fat first, then start to add other ingredients.
A cheap pan will only take you so far though. If it's not heating evenly, it won't be that easy to prevent this problem.

Unfortunately where I live we are forced to use an electric range. This pan will stick and burn even when I boil pasta in it.

I am kind of thinking that it is the quality of the pan because one of my kids gave it to me as a present when she was in High School. So it has sentimental value to it. I was hoping I could salvage it somehow so I didn't have to make it disappear from my collection. :crying2:

I'll try the spacer or diffuser as suggested. If I get one and put it right inside the pan while in storage I'll remember to use it when I use the pot.

MikeC:
Only two so far, counting me...
Probably number of views, rather than number of replies.

Damselfish:
Probably number of views, rather than number of replies.

I was talking about views. I didn't check the time difference between the original post and mine though.

Were you making Rasta Pasta?

Put it on a shelf then, go buy a new one perferably teflon coated one.

Divesherpa:
Were you making Rasta Pasta?
Yah mon, good one.
Love the sig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom