smoking on a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you kidding me?

If the smoke bothers you, ask to go down wind. That should be the end of it.

I'm sorry but I just can't get upset about smokers when the boat is full of diesel fumes.

Oh and yes I am a smoker..and I have to just shake my head at those that complain about cig smoke whilst breathing in the exhaust from the boat engines.:shakehead:

However I do go to the back of the boat if I feel the need to light up because that is where the polluting fumes are.:D

I am shocked that there are so many divers who smoke.
And they usaully have better air consumption than non-smokers.

:D

I agree. It surprises me too.
What surprises you?

Face it...scuba diving isn't a puritanical nor an elitist sport as much as some participants want to believe that it is. Scuba divers come from all walks of life from the non-smokers to the smokers from the thin to the obese and from the functional to the handicap and the young to the old.

Scuba diving is a sport that should be encoureged to all.

I'm quite upset by the antismoking *******. I can understand the offence when in confined spaces (indoors) but not on a boat that is reeking of diesel fumes anyway. One point.. the smoker needs to be some what polite and considerate to his fellow divers. And yes a cigar can reek but not so much as the output of the engine.

And no I do not smoke.

I couldn't disagree more.

What do you disagree with about my statement?
Do you think that scuba diving should only be practiced by the physically elite?

Splain.

Back
Top Bottom