Smoking on a dive boat customer poll

Does smoking on a dive boat affect your choice?

• No, I smoke and don't care if it is allowed or not

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • No, I don't smoke and don't care if it allowed or not

Votes: 51 30.2%
  • Yes, I smoke and will only dive on smoking boats

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Yes, I don't smoke and won't book with a smoking boat

Votes: 96 56.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't smoke, never have smoked, won't be starting anytime soon. If you allow smokers on your boat, I will look for another charter and yours will be last on the list with a possibility of me not diving at all. That's how much I dislike smoke.

I have voted on the assumption that I actually have the choice. If I have the choice, if there are designated smoker and non-smoker boats, I'll definitely go on the non-smoker boat. If not, it depends. If half the staff smokes and half the costumers smoke, I'll probably choose a different dive op next time. If it's only the odd guy here or there, I can evade the stench. Chances are that the dive op next door won't be any different.

It depends. If I'm diving with Cheng then no smoking is the only acceptable response ... she's very allergic to cigarette smoke and gets very stuffed up with even slight exposure. On one occasion, someone smoking on the stern so affected her that she (and me, by extension) were unable to dive.

If I'm not with Cheng I'll accept a boat that allows smoking with restrictions ... in other words, nowhere near where I have to set up my equipment and in a manner that I can stay away from it.

I'd prefer a boat that doesn't allow smoking at all.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

As a reformed clean-lung (smoke free nearly 30 years, now) I would prefer a boat with non-smokers if I have a choice. Like DFX above, I can put up with the odd smoker around, but given a choice, I'll avoid it.

do you own a boat or just stirring the pot?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

This is an interesting poll considering the other thread. Let's see where it leads (the poll, that is, not the same old arguments, etc.....).

Being a non smoker/ former smoker, I would think a non smoking boat would be ideal. So long as the boat is not filed with attendees of the cigar chain smokers convention I can adapt to most common degree's of smoking. I would most likely take any boat that will get me to the dive spot.

Was on the Spirit of Freedom, the designated smoking area was on the top deck in the shade.....really??? No, thank you! Non smokers who wanted to stay out of the sun were SOL

Back
Top Bottom