Smoke-free muck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gunrock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where can I go for muck diving without choking on smoke from resort staff and guests? Currently in Lembeh and am subjected to people smoking in the restaurant all day and all night. I can't do this anymore.

Good luck with that, If the 'staff' , guides and boat driver were not smoking it was vapes, vapes everywhere, cheep as chips and sold everywhere, that includes visitors, not just locals blowing clouds of the crap and care factor nil.🚭
If not dragging on a 'durrie', it was vapes.

Where can I go for muck diving without choking on smoke from resort staff and guests? Currently in Lembeh and am subjected to people smoking in the restaurant all day and all night. I can't do this anymore.
I found the same at Tulamben and it was very annoying. The smokers were always Chinese, not being racist here, just factual.

Most diving resorts, if not all, in SE Asia that I have been would not allow smoking in the restaurant. Actually the law forbid about it.
I have no respect for certain nationals(c#$%^ and rus^&*).

I found the same at Tulamben and it was very annoying. The smokers were always Chinese, not being racist here, just factual.
Some of them will bring outside food into the restaurant and have the nerve to ask for cutlery, plate and water!!! Cheap charlie.

When we visited Dauin/Dumaguette in February we did not have any problem with smokers (Stayed at Bongo Bongo).
Also not sure who you’re diving/staying with, but I don’t recall having any smoke problems at Bastianos, when we visited in 2019 - I’m very sensitive to smoke, so would have remembered if that was a problem.

In Ambon (Blue Rose) I had a similar experience to the OP back in 2019. All staff, plus some locals (friends etc) and the (European) fellow divers (who were repeaters i.e. knew what they were up to) all smoked like there is no tomorrow, everywhere, all the time.
Only exception was me and another fellow diver (Malaysian/Chinese if it matters).
At least diving was so good that made surface intervals bearable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom